Statements have been made that the 20,000 sq ft ballroom and 50,000 sq ft to 150,000 Ag-Expo Center shown in the Master Site Plan proposals are for "community use". It's not clear what is driving the perceived need for a massive amount of "community use" space at the OC Fairgrounds, and a letter was sent to the Directors asking for more information about "community use" claims. The letter is as follows:
Members of the community are trying to understand how the Educational Meeting Center with a 20,000 sq ft ballroom, the Ag-Expo Center ranging from 50,000 sq ft to 150,000 sq ft, and other new buildings proposed to be included in the Master Site Plan will be used only for community use and not for commercial rental use. I am seeking your assistance in obtaining information about community usage of facilities at the 32nd District Agricultural Association (32nd DAA). Please assist the public by providing the following information to help us better understand what is being contemplated:
1 .Please identify community groups which wanted to have events at the 32nd DAA but were unable to conduct the event due to inadequate facilities for their event for the period from 2015 to present.
2. For each community group identified in (1), please provide a description of the event, the planned date(s) of the event, and the reasons stated by the community group for not being able to hold the event at the 32nd DAA.
3. Please identify community groups which wanted to have events at the 32nd DAA but were unable to conduct the event due to budget concerns for the period from 2015 to present.
4. For each community group identified in (3), please provide information regarding the proposed budget and the actual budget needed to conduct the event at the 32nd DAA.
5. Please identify community groups which have used the conference rooms in the Administration Building for the period from 2015 to present.
6. For each community group identified in (5), please provide a description of the event, the planned date(s) of the event, and the cost of the event for the period from 2015 to present. If a contract was signed, a copy of the fully executed contract with all amendments, riders, and attachments, and event reconciliation should be provided.
7. Please provide copies of fully executed contracts with all amendments, riders, and attachments and event reconciliations for all events considered to be “community events” by the 32nd DAA for the period from 2015 to present.
8. Please provide copies of any and all documents, studies, research, and analysis of the need for community use facilities in Orange County which were considered in the Master Site Plan process for the period from 2015 to present.
Contact CEO Kathy Kramer at email@example.com
Contact VP of Operations Ken Karns who is in charge of the Master Site Plan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Fair Board Directors Added May 3, 2018
Chair Barbara Bagneris email@example.com
Vice Chair Robert Ruiz firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashleigh Aitken email@example.com
Nick Berardino firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandra Cervantes email@example.com
Doug La Belle firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerardo Mouet email@example.com
Newton Pham firstname.lastname@example.org
Stan Tkaczyk email@example.com